It's been a while since my last post. Not much has happened in terms of events, however I am still getting used to the changes I've made and trying to remember to take all my vitamins. My stomach has definitely healed from the surgery because I can tell that I really need a fill in my band because I'm starting to feel hungrier now and finding that I'm eating a little more than I should be!
Other than that, I am becoming more active on a regular basis and I feel so much better already. I have lost two dress sizes so far and I am finding some relief for my bones! My hip is hurting less and my back is feeling pretty good too. I am normally a stomach sleeper (which killed me during pregnancy...and now of course) because I'm not able to sleep on my stomach, however sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs has become fairly comfortable and probably better for me anyway!
So Tuesday is the day I go in for my first fill. I'm excited because I want to make sure I stay on track with my eating but I'm also a little nervous that it's going to hurt! Nothing I can't bear I imagine but my pain tolerance is disgustingly low and I will be at this appointment by myself. But overall, I am looking forward to it.
So far I've lost about 25 pounds since the day of my surgery. I have about 25 more to go to reach my surgical goal (which is what they said I would probably lose) and about 20 that I will have to fight to get off (and keep off). This would put me at the lowest weight I was at as an adult. It's a worthy goal, but not the ultimate goal. I just want to make sure that I am healthy along the way while doing it...and if I end up somewhere in between their goal and my goal I will be perfectly happy. I am happy so far just being able to get down on the floor with my kids and not kill myself trying to get up!
Aside form all this stuff, we are starting a new chapter in our family life with my return to work. I start my job tomorrow and am excited to do so. I've talked with Joe and he seems pretty excited to have after school play dates everyday. Sarah on the other hand is just so excited to be going to "school" and very much so likes her "teacher". I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to get paid to do what I love...especially in this market. I just need to set the alarms on my cell phone to remind me to take my vitamins! Thus, this new adjustment will be my new challenge. We shall see!
Until next time,
WW
No comments:
Post a Comment